CAREERS AT TIGER WORLD!
Tiger World has openings to help care for our collection of Big Cats and Primates.
Animal Care Specialist
Closing Date June 30, 2017
Tiger World Endangered Wildlife Preserve has an immediate opening for an experienced Animal Care Specialist to help care for our collection of Big Cats. Tiger World is located just 20 minutes North of Charlotte, NC and has numerous Felines including Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Lynx, Cougars, Bobcats, Servals and more.
Successful Candidate will be responsible for;
1. Monitoring and documenting Daily Animal Health
2. Preparation of diets including processing of meat, and daily administration of supplements.
3. Maintaining cleanliness of animal habitats and food areas.
4. Operant conditioning & environmental/behavioral enrichment.
5. Educational Tours & Keeper Talks.
6. Interaction and Handling of animals.
7. Assist with veterinary care and baby raising as needed.
8. Modifying exhibits and participation with building of new exhibits.
9. Maintenance of grounds in and around exhibits.
EDUCATION AND PRE-REQUISITES:
1. BS degree in Biology/Zoology or related field or equivalent education, experience, and training. EATM Graduate a plus!
2. MINIMUM 1 YEAR Previous full-time experience working with BIG CATS.
3. Requires a team player that will interact positively with guests, staff, and volunteers.
4. Must be able lift at least 50 pounds.
5. Must work under challenging conditions and extreme weather.
6. Must be a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and good work ethic.
7. Must be a able to follow instructions and required policies and procedures.
8. Must be honest, trustworthy and organized and be passionate about working with Big Cats.
9. Must have valid driver’s license and social security card or Work Visa.
10. One  letter of reference/recommendation.
11. Up to date vaccinations including for Tetanus and be TB Negative.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive Pay. Salary is dependent upon education and experience. Vacation/Sick Time earned at 1 day per month of employment. Health Care available. On-site living opportunity is available for the right person.
Please send your Resumé and Cover Letter to email@example.com along with your letter of recommendation. We also enjoy pictures of your past experiences, please include them with your application. We carefully evaluate all applicants and will call for interviews over the phone. Good Luck!
Tiger World has available 3-Month Intern positions throughout the year. Under close supervision, interns have the opportunity to gain practical work experience in a zoo setting. Our intern program is intense and provides a platform for growth and development.
Closing Date August 31, 2017
Tiger World is located just 20 minutes North of Charlotte, NC and has animals including Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Lemurs, Baboons, Bears and more. We have available 3-month Intern positions throughout the year including for WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER & FALL. If you have always wanted an opportunity to work with these amazing animals please apply. Responsibilities Interns will have the opportunity to gain practical work experience and knowledge caring for Bears, Primates, and Big Cats. Under close supervision you will learn how to prepare diets, clean habitats, observe and document, implement enrichment, repair and build enclosures, give guided tours to visitors, assist with veterinary care, crate animals for transport and more. There are opportunities for extending the internship to six  months and more advanced learning depending upon your commitment, dedication, and how well you work with the team and animals.
1.Candidates should have at least two (2) years of program studies in zoology, animal management, biology, exotic animal husbandry or a related field. Applicants who have already achieved their bachelors is a plus.
2. Must be able to do some heavy lifting of at least 50 pounds.
3. Must be able to work in unfavorable weather conditions including rain, snow, extreme heat, and freezing temperatures.
4. Must have a positive attitude, a good work ethic and arrive to work on time and work late if necessary.
5. Must be able to follow instructions and required policies and procedures.
6. Must be honest, trustworthy and organized.
7. Must have valid driver’s license and social security card or if from outside the United States, a Green Card and Visa, or Visa Waiver Program. Knowing how to drive a stick shift is a plus.
8. One  letter of reference/recommendation.
9. Unofficial or official school transcript and/or a copy of your degree.
10. Up-to-date vaccinations including for Tetanus and be TB Negative.
Compensation: This is an unpaid voluntary position, however, housing and a weekly stipend of $50 will be provided. The use of the company vehicle (stick shift) may be available if you have your own car insurance. We also evaluate the Interns for future employment opportunities with Tiger World. This internship is not affiliated with a college or university for credit hours but many colleges and universities have recognized Tiger World to fulfill internship requirements. It is the applicant’s responsibility to determine if your college or university recognizes Tiger World’s Intern studies program. How to apply Please send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your letter of recommendation and transcripts. We also enjoy pictures of your past experiences, please include them with your application. You MUST indicate which internship you are available for SUMMER (June 30-Sept 26), or FALL (Sept 29-Dec 22) 2017 & WINTER (Dec 28 – Mar 27) SPRING (Mar 30 – June 26) 2018. We carefully evaluate all applicants and will call for interviews over the phone.